Aloe Vera is a plant added by Project Zulu found in the Desert.
- They can be a great source of food (when placed on sand near water), yellow dye, strings, wool and decorative blocks (tumbleweed ).
- You can plant aloe vera seeds on regular dirt, sand and grass blocks (unlike most plants which require the use of a hoe on the ground first) and get a fully grown aloe vera plant in about 1 minute(tested 10 times at different places).
- After harvesting the aloe vera plant, you can get 1 - 2 aloe vera seeds and grow another aloe vera plant. Also, after planted on dirt or sand, after a short time blue veins will appear on the block, which can then be mined for water droplets, which you can eat for a half food point.
- If placed within 4 blocks of water (on the same mechanics as wheat), it goes into a second stage. Once the base grows, the plant produces tumbleweed at an alarming rate.
- Once there is tumbleweed (Use axe for fast harvest) all around it, you can break the stem on top to get dandelion yellow dye.
- As three tumbleweed can be crafted into 6 string, aloe vera fills all your string/wool needs.
- You can obtain an aloe vera plant in two ways, finding a plant in the wild, or by crafting tumbleweed to get two aloe vera plants.