|Spawns||Better Dungeons castles with default mob guards|
|Added By||Better Dungeons|
Level 0 - Leather/Wood
Level 1 - Chain/Stone
Level 2 - Iron/Iron
Level 3 - Gold/Gold
Level 4 - Diamond/Diamond
Armored skeletons spawn naturally in Better Dungeons castles located within 1000 blocks of spawn with "default" mob set in their configuration. They can also be spawned in Creative mode using the "Skeleton" item (id 7607:100).
Idle Armored Skeletons will sit, stand, or converse with other Armored Skeletons using message bubbles. They will mount any Spider in range as a priority. Mounted Armored Skeletons have increased movement speed. These mobs use the same AI as the Better Dungeons Walker and have many similar attacks and behaviours, such as defending with a shield and sneaking while aiming bows, Armored Skeletons do not burn or take damage in sunlight like vanilla skeletons.
There are nine types of Armored Skeleton that can be spawned:
- Defender - Armed with a sword and sometimes a shield.
- Grenadier - Uses essence grenades for ranged attacks
- Healer - Heals comrades with a Healing Staff
- Archer - Armed with a bow for ranged attacks
- Bannerman - Uses its banner for attacks
- Berserker - Armed with a Better Dungeons Bigsword
- Ninja - Armed with a dagger
- Spearman - Armed with a spear, has a knockback attack. Cannot mount.
- Hooker - Equipped with a HookShoot.
Aside from attacking players, Armored Skeletons will immediately attack any of the following mobs within range: