The Armored Zombie is a hostile mob added by the Better Dungeons mod. Although it looks like the vanilla zombie, its behaviour is similar to the Better Dungeons Walker. Armored Zombies vary in type and level. The level of the mob determines the material used for its weapons and armor:
Level 0 - Leather/Wood
Level 1 - Chain/Stone
Level 2 - Iron
Level 3 - Gold
Level 4 - Diamond
Armored Zombies spawn naturally in Better Dungeons castles located between 2000 and 3000 blocks from spawn with "default" mob set in their configuration. They can also be spawned in creative mode using the "Zombie" item (id 7607:101).
Idle Armored Zombies will sit and stand and also converse with other Armored Zombies using image bubbles. They will mount any cow or pig in range as a priority. Mounted Armored Zombies have increased movement speed. These mobs use the same AI as the Better Dungeons Walker and have many similar attacks and behaviours, such as defending with a shield and sneaking while aiming bows, Armored Zombies do not burn or take damage in sunlight like vanilla zombies.
There are ten types of Armored Zombie that can be spawned:
- Defender - Armed with a sword
- Grenadier - Uses essence grenades for ranged attacks
- Healer - Heals comrades with a Healing Staff
- Archer - Armed with a bow for ranged attacks
- Gunner - Armed with a pistol for ranged attacks
- Bannerman - Uses its banner for attacks
- Berserker - Armed with a Better Dungeons Bigsword
- Assassin - Armed with a dagger, has a teleport attack that does double damage
- Spearman - Armed with a spear , has a knockback attack. Cannot mount.
- Hooker - Equipped with a HookShoot.
Aside from attacking players, Armored Zombies will immediately attack any of the following mobs within range: