The Chocopedia is a very valuable tool in the Chococraft mod. It is a guidebook with valuable information about both Chocobos and Chicobos and how to care for them. When a player Right-Clicks with a Chocopedia in his or her hand, it will open the Chocopedia. Chocopedias are often regarded as common and easy to find, as they can be dropped by a slain monster and at least one can usually be found in a Battle Tower. It can also be obtained by right-clicking a Chocobo, wild or tamed, with a Book and Quill . Right-clicking a tamed Chocobo with a Chocopedia has many valuable functions such as:
- Naming the Chocobo
- Changing the Chocobo's movement settings
- Checking health and breeding status
- Showing the gender of the Chocobo (for breeding)
- Making the Chocobo drop gear
- Showing or hiding the Chocobo's name
- Showing the owner of the Chocobo
- Chocopedias, unlike Written Books or another kind of book, cannnot be stored in Bibliocraft Bookcases.
- Chocopedias can often cause problems in EXP-Farms because they are unstackable, and therefore fill many inventory slots.
- Any kind of mob can drop them, including villagers.
- Mobs with numerous drops have higher chance to drop chocopedia.
- Looting enchant can also increase chance to drop chocopedia.
- This item does not show the Purple Chocobo.