"The Cleaver", as described by the Tinkers' Construct mod itself, "is a heavy defensive weapon. It has powerful strikes, but is difficult to wield." The Cleaver, when held, will inflict upon the wielder indefinite Mining Fatigue III until unequipped and has a much lower swing rate than other weapons. As well as being able to block similar to a Vanilla Sword, the Cleaver has a natural beheading ability, increasing the chance mobs killed by the Cleaver to drop their head.
The Cleaver is an advanced weapon from the Tinkers' Construct mod and as such requires the Tool Forge in order to be crafted rather than the Tool Station. It is composed of a large sword blade, large plate, and two tough tool rods. This recipe is actually quite expensive due to the fact that the sum of the parts amounts to 22 ingots/units of its material.
- The Cleaver has the highest base damage per swing out of all other Tinkers Construct weapons (excluding the Bane of Pigs).
- Cleavers are generally lag free for slower computers; the slow strike rate lowers the need for fast animation.
- The effects of Haste can counteract the Cleaver's slow swing.
- The Cleaver's beheading ability stacks with the beheading modifier, causing mobs to drop their heads quite frequently.
- A Manyullyn or Steel bladed Cleaver with maxed out sharpness can kill almost all vanilla mobs in one hit.