|This article needs additional images. You can help out Hexxit Wiki by adding images to the site and adding them to the article.|
A Kreknorite Chip is an item added by the Falling Meteors Mod. It is used to craft High Tier weapons and armor, as well as being a viable source of Furnace fuel. It is the rarest of the 3 Meteor materials.
Kreknorite Chips are solely obtainable through fallen Kreknorite Meteors. Each block of Kreknorite will drop 0-4 Kreknorite Chips when Mined with a Diamond Pickaxe or better. An extra Chip has the potential to be dropped when mined with the Fortune enchantment, for up to 7 Chips per block at Fortune III.
Kreknorite Blocks that have been mined with the Silk Touch enchantment and then placed back down will only have a 25% chance to drop a single Chip, also affected by Fortune (For up to 4 per block).
Kreknorite Chips are used in the crafting of:
Deals (8) damage and can be auto-enchanted with Fire Aspect II
Emits a Redstone signal depending on how close the next Meteor is to crashing.
Meteor Crash Detectors point the player towards the latest Meteor crash site.
Summons a Kreknorite Meteor of random size to where is is thrown.
Summons an Unknown Meteor to where it is thrown.
Kreknorite Chips can be put into a furnace as a source of fuel. Each Chip is capable of smelting 16.5 items, with a full stack (64) of Chips being able to smelt 1056 items in total.
Notes & TipsEdit
- Since Kreknorite Chips smelt 16.5 items per Chip rather than a flat 16, there is a little bit of excess smelting time that can be lost.
- For example, Smelting a stack (64) of items with 4 Kreknorite Chips will smelt the full stack, but will have a wasted potential of 2 additional items (4 Chips can smelt 66 items).
- The Player can account for this by smelting with 2 Chips at a time, although this may be more effort than it is worth.
- Kreknorite Chips do not have a craftable block from. As a result, large about of Chips may need its own storage, or be stored in a Void Satchel.
- Kreknorite Items can be found as loot from Infernal Mobs and Better Dungeons, but are given their own enchantment, so items found this way may not have their respective auto-enchantments.