|This article may not be 100% accurate due to an upcoming modpack version.|
This item was removed in Hexxit 2.0.1c due to the removal of the LegendGear mod.
The Magic Boomerang is an item added by the Legend Gear mod. It can be thrown at mobs to inflict damage. It is commonly found in top-tier dungeons, Battle Towers, and large Pirate Ship chests.
When thrown, the boomerang will spin and make a sound, then causing damage to whatever entity it hits. It will then return to you, and if not picked up after a few seconds, it will drop to the ground as an item entity. It will also 'pull' items dropped, so this can be useful to take item that fell down a cliff. However, it does not pull experience orbs. If the Magic Boomerang hits non-solid block (such as Tall Grass, Flowers, Spawners, etc.) it will take one durability damage.
- If used on a player or mob using a weapon that can block, such as a Giant sword, the boomerang will be lost.
- If thrown in "Limbo" and the player is teleported away by a Monolith, the Magic Boomerang will be lost.
- The Magic Boomerang will sometimes spin around the player when returning before getting into the inventory, this is more noticeable in SMP.
- It can be enchanted for free, and the enchantments work properly except for Magnetization I.
- In creative, it will 'spawn' a new boomerang after thrown, this causes boomerang duplication.
- Throwing a boomerang into a Nether portal is not suggested, as it can cause a crash. You may also lose the boomerang.
- It uses the same sound as the Legend of Zelda boomerang.