It is effective against hordes of mobs with its explosive impact.
The meteor summoner is a craftable item that allows you to summon meteors. Throw this summoner like a snow ball, and wherever it lands a meteor will fall. There are 6 types of meteor summoners. They are the:
- Meteor Summoner-(random meteor)
- Meteorite Meteor Summoner-(standard meteor)
- Frezarite Meteor Summoner-(replace nearby block with snow, can melt in non-ice biome)
- Kreknorite Meteor Summoner-(may spawn nether portal)
- Unknown Meteor Summoner-(contains chest)
- Kitty Comet Summoner-(spawns comet kitty)
Meteorite Meteor Summoner
Frezarite Meteor Summoner
Kreknorite Meteor Summoner
Unknown Meteor Summoner
Kitty Comet Summoner
Note: Cooked Fish can be used instead of Raw Fish.
- When a meteorite falls, there is a chance that an Alien Creeper will spawn with it or when mining it.
- You have a very small chance of getting a Red Meteor Gem from the Hot Meteorite Ores from Meteorite meteors. However, you can use a Fortune pickaxe to increase the chance.(You can activate NEI Ore Dictionary to know which is "Red Meteor Gem" block by just hovering your mouse over it)
- Meteors can land in the water. To counter this problem, a respiration helmet will allow you to mine longer underwater, while a Frezarite pickaxe or Aqua Affinity Armour Piece will allow you to mine faster.
- When a Meteor is manually summoned using a summoner, it will override the Meteor Shield's protection, resulting in a meteor crashing down. This can result in catastrophe, especially if griefers intend to destroy someone's property.
- Meteor summoners, along with other random "falling meteors" gear, may be found within an unknown meteor's chest in its center.
- This block does not exist in Hexxit 2.0 versions due to the removal of the Falling Meteors mod, but was however added back in Hexxit 3.0 versions and later.