Nether Portal is a multi-block structure found in vanilla Minecraft. Falling Meteors has a meteor type known as Kreknorite Meteor that can cause an active Nether Portal to be generated upon the meteor landing. In the event a meteor creates a Nether Portal the message "A portal to the Nether has been created!" will show in chat. If you go though the nether with the amour you get a special item that's very op called the destitute.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nether portals cannot be made in the twilight forest.
- The obsidian rings used to form nether portals can be found in nether cities.
- Unlit portals can be activated by Flint and Steel, a Fire Charge, fire spread, or another source of fire; i.e. Ghasts, Blazes and certain infernal mobs.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It has been reported that the creation message may not be shown on multiplayer servers
- Sometimes Nether Portal links will become corrupt and cause a different portal link to happen. In this which case, both portals must be:
- Destroyed to close the link completely, and:
- Rebuilt to establish a new one.
- There have been rare reports of people dying in the nether and having a certain radius of blocks destroyed around their bed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]