|Spawns||Better Dungeons Slime Caves|
|Added By||Better Dungeons|
The Ogre is a hostile mob added by the Better Dungeons mod. It appears as a large brown creature with wide-set eyes and fangs. Its behaviour is similar to the Better Dungeons Walker. Ogres vary in type and level. The level of the mob determines the material used for its weapons and armor:
Level 0 - Leather/Wood
Level 1 - Chain/Stone
Level 2 - Iron/Iron
Level 3 - Gold/Gold
Level 4 - Diamond/Diamond
Idle Ogres will sit and stand and also converse with other Ogres using image bubbles. They will mount any cow or pig in range as a priority. Mounted Ogres have increased movement speed. These mobs use the same AI as the Better Dungeons Walker and have many similar attacks and behaviors, such as defending with a shield and sneaking while aiming bows,
There are ten types of Ogre that can be spawned:
- Defender - Armed with a sword
- Grenadier - Uses essence grenades for ranged attacks
- Healer - Heals comrades with a Healing Staff
- Archer - Armed with a bow for ranged attacks
- Gunner - Armed with a pistol for ranged attacks
- Bannerman - Uses its banner for attacks
- Berserker - Armed with a Better Dungeons Bigsword
- Assassin - Armed with a dagger, has a teleport attack that does double damage
- Spearman - Armed with a spear, has a knockback attack. Cannot mount.
- Hooker - Equipped with a HookShoot.
Aside from attacking players, Ogres will immediately attack any of the following mobs within range:
The Ogre has no boss mob. When a boss is required, a level 4 Ogre will spawn. However, Ogres spawn naturally in Slime Caves as do Slime Bosses, so it could be said that the Slime Boss is the boss mob for Ogres. The difference is that if the Slime Cave configuration is changed via config file and another mob type is set as the guardian, the Slime Boss would still spawn in the Slime Cave since it is part of the Cave's generation process and not tied to Ogres.