Reinforced Chest are normal chests with 12 extra slots for storage and added explosive resistance. They also combine to form a larger storage area when placed next to each other, and by using chests of different metals, one can solve the age-old problem of not being able to place chests right next to each other, as seen in the image. They can be made from different materials (iron, gold, diamond, emerald, copper, tin, zinc and silver). Material only affects the aesthetic look of the chest. You can use locks to protect your chest.
The material used in the chest does not affect the amount of storage it has nor does it affect its durability.
Reinforced Chests should be destroyed with axes, as they can't be mined with pickaxes.
There are a total of eight reinforced chest variants. However, they are all crafted similarly.
- 4 material 'ingots'
- 1 material block (same type as ingots)
- 3 Logs (any type)
- 1 Chest
Replace the Block and Ingots with the appropriate material.
There are several types of Reinforced Chests:
- Reinforced Iron Chest
- Reinforced Gold Chest
- Reinforced Diamond Chest
- Reinforced Emerald Chest
- Reinforced Copper Chest
- Reinforced Tin Chest
- Reinforced Silver Chest
- Reinforced Zinc Chest
- Reinforced chests are not compatible with Inventory Tweaks, so there is no way to automatically sort them or to use other Inventory Tweaks functions.
- In version 1.55 of Inventory Tweaks, the inability to sort has been fixed, but is not for version 1.5.2 which is what Hexxit uses.
- Using a Storage Capsule Station to contain Reinforced Chest will cause the chest to become bugged, and will crash the game.
- Chest Transporters will not transport Reinforced Chest.