Reinforced Chest are new Chests added by Better Storage mod. The differences from normal Chests are that they have 12 extra slots for storage and are resistant to Creeper explosions. They can also form double chests when placed next to each other. They can also be placed to each other without connecting. There are 8 variants of reinforced chests: Iron, Gold, Diamond, Emerald, Copper, Tin, Zinc and Silver. All of them are craftable, except Zinc and Silver reinforced chests (duo to Hexxit not including Zinc and Silver). The materials only affect the look, not the quantity that they can hold. You can also lock your reinforced chests by right-clicking the chest with a Lock. They should be destroyed with Axes (although they're crafted with minerals).
There are a total of eight reinforced chest variants. They are all crafted similarly. You will need:
- 4 materials (this can either be Iron , Gold , Diamonds , Emeralds , Copper, Tin , Silver or Zinc)
- 1 material block (same type as the material)
- 3 Logs (any type)
- 1 Chest
There are several types of Reinforced Chests:
- Reinforced Iron Chest
- Reinforced Gold Chest
- Reinforced Diamond Chest
- Reinforced Emerald Chest
- Reinforced Copper Chest
- Reinforced Tin Chest
- Reinforced Silver Chest
- Reinforced Zinc Chest
- Reinforced chests are not compatible with Inventory Tweaks, so there is no way to automatically sort them or to use other Inventory Tweaks functions.
- In version 1.55 of Inventory Tweaks, the inability to sort has been fixed, but is not for version 1.5.2 which is what Hexxit uses.
- Some of the types of reinforced chests (ie siver and zinc) are not craftable as the metals they require are not found in Hexxit.
- Using a Storage Capsule Station to contain Reinforced Chest will cause the chest to become bugged, and will crash the game.
- Chest Transporters will not transport Reinforced Chest.