The Rift Blade is a weapon in the Dimensional Doors mod. It can function as a weapon, but can can also open up portals to create Pocket Dimensions. Holding Right-click with the Rift Blade in your hand and then releasing will create a portal that functions like a single-use Dimensional Door. This ability is removed in newer versions of the mod.
You can open single-use portals on existing rifts by right clicking them. These portals work exactly the same as doors, but close after a single use (like dungeon entrances).
You can also use the blade to teleport short distances by looking at an enemy and right clicking. The Teleport function will override the Pocket Dimension function until the player is not looking at a mob, or they are too close to the target to teleport.
It is very commonly found in top-tier dungeon chests and top floor battle tower chests. Also, if stuck in Limbo, right click (hold) to make a door out.(Verification Needed)
- You can open portals in Pocket Dimensions to go one step further from the Overworld.
- Travelling through the portal will close it in the Overworld, not allowing anything else through it, unless they are able to reopen it with another Rift Blade, or a Dimensional Door.
- If a mob walks through an open portal, it will close behind it, and the mob will be permanently locked in that dimension, unless there is another open portal in said dimension, another player creates a portal out, or the mob is an Endermen.
- An Infernal Mob that is put into the portal will still travel through and maintain it's current health, but will lose any other "Boss" type statuses.
- Spawing several portals and going through them will result in rifts being left in their place. Bare rifts are unstable (placing a dimensional door over one will stabilize it). Having bare rifts close together will cause them to link together into rift scars (indicated by a line of black particles), causing the rifts to eat blocks in a small radius around them, and occasionally spawn new rifts nearby. Endermen will start spawning around rift scars, possibly causing additional block damage. This is an unpleasant experience because fighting them will not do any good and the rifts will keep slowly spreading, eating blocks and chests, making their contents fall out. There are a few possible solutions to this: 1) Covering the rifts with water (this will not stop the spread of rifts unless disabled in the config) 2) Using the Rift Remover (newer versions will remove all rifts in a scar) 3) Place doors over the rifts, this will stabilize them (in the newer version vanilla doors can be used).
- Having a rift blade will get you banned in most hexxit servers due to risk of accidentally creating out-of-control rift scars. Rift spread is severely lower in newer versions. (And in most cases is banned to pervent rift takeover)
- Can cause world and server instability. Use with caution.
- It has been reported that putting villagers in pocket dimensions can crash the game. (The more PC lags the better the chance)
- The Rift Blade's ability to open dimensional doors is a reference to The Subtle Knife.