The Soul Shard is an item added to the eponymous Soul Shards mod that is used to absorb the soul of a single mob type that you kill while it is in your hotbar. Once you kill that single mob that Soul Shard then only absorbs that mob type's soul and begins to count the kills. After 64 kills, you get a tier 1 Soul Shard which can then be placed in a Soul Cage for spawning that mob (for more info on Tiers, see below). Keep in mind that mobs spawned from a Soul Cage do not give you souls in a separate Soul Shard though they will still give you souls for the harken scythe mod and will also spawn boss mobs. This is useful if you want to make an XP farm.
How to create Soul Shards
To create a Soul Shard you will need;
- 1 Glowstone Block
- 4 Netherrack
- 8 End Stone
- 1 Diamond
Then put them in the formation to the right.
"Use" (default right-click) a diamond on the glowstone to collect your Soul Shard.
After completion, the Glowstone block and 4 Netherrack will become end stone.
|Tier||Souls (Mob Kills)||Mobs Per Spawn||Spawn Latency||Needs Players Nearby||Cross-dimensional||Ignore Light Level||Works On Redstone Signal|
In general, soul shards work on vanilla mobs and mobs from Twilight Forest. They will not work on boss mobs, however.
- It is possible to get multiple Soul Shard from one 'ritual' by right clicking very fast.
- Sometimes when the cage is broken the soul shard will not be returned as well.
- This can be an End Stone generator (if you don't have access to The End yet)since you got 5 End Stone per ritual (you can get first 10 End Stone from kamiPalace)
- You can bring (and fill) multiple Soul Shards; this can be useful when visiting Battle Towers
- Soul Shard filling starts from left-most hotbar (slot 1), meaning if you have an empty Soul Shard in slot 1 and a filled Spider Soul Shard in slot 2, it will transform the empty Soul Shard in slot 1 to Spider-filled one instead of filling the Spider Soul Shard in slot 2. Because of this, players are recommended to place empty Soul Shard in slot 9 (so if no specific soul shard found, it will transform the empty one)
- Soul Shard will not spawn variants of provided mobs, meaning spider soul cages will never spawn spider jockeys, and skeleton soul cages in The Nether will never spawn wither skeletons (though spawn eggs will).