Normally in vanilla Minecraft surviving solely in the Nether is almost impossible since there is no wood or way of making good tools. Well that all changes in Hexxit. There are great ways to survive in the Nether and get pretty good tools. Here are some survival tips to help you survive.
Survival Tips Edit
- Find nether trees:Ghostwood, Fusewood, Darkwood and Bloodwood.
- Utilize the nether resources to get good Tinkers' Construct tools. There are tons of great materials to use like Flint or Netherrack. There are also tons of modifiers in the Nether such as Necrotic Bones,Blaze Powder and Nether Quartz.
- Find food:Natura makes this easy with nether berry bushes, Meat from Imps and Potash Apples.
- Stay on the Zombie Pigmen's good side.
- Find a Nether Village and Nether Fortress for loot.
- Always be equipped with a Bow to fend off Ghasts. Bows can be made solely from nether materials using sticks from nether trees and Flamestring from Heatscar Spiders.
- Utilize mob loot to defend yourself. For example, you can use Imp Leather to make armor.
- You can make Glowshroom Stew as a renewable food source. You can farm Nether Glowshrooms with Bone Meal.
So as you can see there are plenty of ways to survive in the Nether even if you go into the nether with absolutely no starting items.