Chicken Smack. Best product ever?
My recommendations for starting a new Hexxit game:
1. Punch trees (duh).
- A. Crafting table.
- Make this immediately (first log).
- B. Make all tools.
- Axe first (take advantage of Treecapitator.
- Pickaxe second.
- Shovel third.
- C. Continue to farm trees until the sun sets.
- Keep eyes open for lava sources.
2. Dig a small shelter.
- If possible, find a location between biomes or near several biomes.
- Farm up cobble and anything else while the night persists.
- A. Make stone sword.
- B. Make chests.
- C. Dig into the ground in your shelter.
- D. Make like 10 furnaces.
- E. Begin cooking logs for charcoal.
3. When it's day, clear mobs from around your hideyspot, then farm gravel, sand and clay. Ideally, gather 82 of each (one stack + 18 more of each). This is enough for one decent Smeltery.
4. Continue to use wood / cobble tools.
5. Pick an actual home that you want to settle into.
6. Make Smeltery.
7. Make all Tinkers' Construct tables.
8. Go nuts.